A leading progressive voice on US foreign affairs for nearly 50 years.
NEW! International Policy Journal
We are delighted to welcome you to the inaugural issue of the International Policy Journal (IPJ), a platform dedicated to discussing foreign policy priorities within a progressive agenda.Read More
Progressive Foreign Policy as a Political Force
This first event of its kind by CIP marks the organization's recent expansion and revitalized mission to serve as a beacon of principled, actionable foreign policy solutions to today’s challenges.READ MORE
War in the Middle East
The Center for International Policy calls for the Biden administration to support an immediate cessation of hostilities to enable desperately needed humanitarian aid and facilitate and longer-term ceasefire.Read More
The Center for International Policy is a woman-led, progressive, independent nonprofit center for research, education, and advocacy working to advance a more peaceful, just, and sustainable U.S. approach to foreign policy.
Our programs provide interdisciplinary, intersectional, and cross-cutting analysis of the true causes and unforeseen consequences of conflict. Crucial to our mission is incorporating the voices of people most affected by U.S. foreign policy in the regions we study. This strategic analytical approach is integrated into all of CIP’s programs to offer alternative solutions to security challenges that are effective and sustainable for our nation, our global community, and our planet.
- Durable Peace Isn’t Possible Without PalestineY.L. Al-Sheikh is a Palestinian-American writer and organizer active in the Democratic Socialists of America…
- Eight Failures From The US Testimony At The International Court of JusticeThe U.S. Government has made its oral statement at the International Court of Justice in…
- Lawmakers, Progressive Leaders Urge Reorientation of Foreign Policy as a 2024 ImperativeOn February 6, Members of Congress and progressive movement leaders gathered at a conference hosted…
- National Coalition Urges President Biden to Restore UNRWA Funding to Aid PalestiniansNearly four months of conflict have devastated Gaza’s infrastructure and dangerously reduced essential supplies like…
- Reimagining Progressive Foreign PolicyEditor’s note. A version of the following remarks were presented February 6th, 2024, opening the…
- view more
Subscribe for updates
Putting people and the planet first for nearly 50 years.
We Get the Word Out
We Convene Change-Makers
We Elevate the Dialogue
We Amplify Diverse Perspectives
We Influence Policy
Why we’re here
The Center for International Policy (CIP) aims to advance a peaceful, just, and sustainable world supported by U.S. foreign policy that puts people and the planet first.
We work to promote greater transparency, government accountability and advance intersectional and interdisciplinary data-driven solutions to today's global security challenges. Our programs offer sustainable and effective solutions to address the most urgent threats to our planet: war, corruption, inequity, and the climate crisis.
Our latest on social media
Make a donation
CIP does not accept funding from the U.S. government or private corporations, remaining truly independent for over 40 years. We rely on individual contributors like you to make a peaceful, just, and sustainable world the central pursuit of U.S. foreign policy.